Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Day 6- Test on Mesopotamia/ Start in Egypt


Today in class we took a test on Mesopotamia. I think I dd well, but I am not very certain. This morning I forgot that I do not have western civilization after biology so that is why I went to your class this morning and almost dint make it to the class I was supposed to go to.

NOTES- Egypt

Geography- Nile river, Fertile

Silt collected after floods 

Challenges- Water level dropped, and silt replenished leading to droughts/ Floods destroyed houses/ Desert on either side of Nile.

2 regions of rulers- Upper Egypt Lower Egypt

Crows were Red for lower and white for upper

Pharaohs were rulers and gods

Pharaohs held eternal power in government

Believed in an afterlife that could either send you to a wonderful place or a creature would eat you

Mummification helped preserve the Pharaohs body’s

Filled tombs with valuables and important items

Social class like a pyramid

Women had rights
Hieroglyphs meant different things 

wrote on pyperus

created a 365 calendar’s 

Old kingdom fell and was taken over into the middle kingdom

middle kingdom fell to outsiders


No comments:

Post a Comment